Saturday, May 27, 2006

Face of the Day

This blog will be solely on Face of the Day (FOTD), highlighting what was used on my face to get the effect. I re-discovered the wonderful world of makeup in September 2004. I happened to see the MTV of "Our Lips Are Sealed" by the Duff sisters (Hilary and Haylie) and I loved the eyeshadow that was used. A very pigmented purplish-blue eyeshadow.

That started my quest to hunt for that eye shadow, and started posting in Cozycot, asking about it. After testing most of the eye shadows at the various cosmetics counters - YSL, Shu, MAC, Stila, etc, I finally decided to get the violet pigment from MAC.

However that was not quite right, so the search continued. 2nd purchase was Stila Mambo e/s. After that, it became the blusher craze as my HR blusher was finishing. I bought Stila BCA set for the bright pink blush (a regret buy as I rarely use it...too bright). Other blushes I bought were Cute and Pink Swoon from MAC, Dandelion from Benefit, Bud from Stila and others. In the end, I still went back to using HR Pose in Rose. This is my HG for blusher now. And so the buying of cosmetics continued for the entire year of 2005. I have slowed down my purchase for 2006 as I find that I have almost everything now, and there is nothing else I need. My collection is kinda complete. The only exception will be to buy samples of MAC pigmens. I love the piggies.

Glossary of Abbreviations:
e/l - eye liner
e/s - eyeshadow
l/g - lipgloss
HG - holy grail

HR - Helena Rubinstein

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home